The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is the industry code of the Customer Owned Banking Association (COBA), the association of mutual building societies, credit unions, mutual banks and other mutual Authorised Deposit-Taking Institutions (ADIs). As customer owned banking institutions, we are owned by our customers, and not by profit-seeking shareholders. This allows us to focus on customer benefits, community involvement, fairer fees and quality service.
1. We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
2. We will focus on our customers
3. We will give you clear information about our products and our services
4. We will be responsible lenders
5. We will deliver high customer service and standards
6. We will deal fairly with any complaints
7. We will recognise customers rights as owners
8. We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
9. We will recognise our impact on the wider community
10. We will support and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
For a full copy of the code Click Here
Customer Owned Banking Association is the industry body representing Credit Unions, Building Societies and Friendly Societies. The Code was drafted and is administered by the Customer Owned Banking Association's Code Compliance Committee (CCC) for more information visit www.cobccc.org.au
Complaints about breaches of the Code can be made to the CCC. The CCC Compliance Manager can be contacted on 1800 367 287 or at www.cobccc.org.au/for-consumers/resolving-complaints Complaints about breaches of the Code can also be made to our External Dispute Resolution (EDR) scheme, the Financial Ombudsman Service.
An EDR is an independent body with the power to investigate disputes against EDR members, and to make decisions that are binding on their members (including requiring us to make a monetary payment to the person bringing the dispute). The schemes are free to our customers.